Wednesday 18 August 2010

Shopping

So after the trauma of mum's infected bite yesterday we actually managed to make it to the shops today. Firstly we went to IKEA - so weird as its exactly the same as the Wednesbury store! Hard to remember the prices but I think the $ price was the same as our £ price making it all cheaper over here! I bought a roll of paper for the children to draw on and some plastic bowls that they wanted for their games. We then went to a Mexican place for lunch and had great steak fajitas. Imogen tried a corn dog and didn't like it but luckily both children liked the tortilla/nacho crisps so didn't starve! We then went to a shopping mall where Jamie found a great maternity shop and bought herself some great jeans and a couple of tops. The children had a go on a carousel and then we came home. Luckily just missing the rush hour traffic.

At home I have finished my book - quite good, I liked the way the author had thought about how a relationship could possibly get off the ground let alone succeed when one person already knows so much about the other even though they had never met! Jigsaw progressing nicely - keeping me out of trouble anyway. Not a great nights sleep again though as for the fourth night in a row William has got in bed with me at some point during the night only to be joined by Immy too - I work up with no room at all as they had their arms and legs spread out so much!

We've just been to i-hop for our breakfast and I was so amazed by Immy's appetite as she managed to eat 2 pancakes and a plate full of scrambled eggs (I didn't even know she liked scrambled eggs!), William on the other hand ate 4 pieces of bacon, half a pancake and since we've been hope has been repeating his mantra "I'm hungry" and eating his way through donuts and breakfast cereal (he really is a mini-Robin! :-))

Nothing planned for today, Stu's off work to take Mum to the airport for 1pm. Hope she has a good flight and gets back safely - she's out with Stu at the moment picking up Jamie's kayak!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment