Wednesday 11 August 2010

Relaxation

Proper day 1 in USA and apart from going to Wal-Mart we did absolutely nothing! This was just what we all needed as I think you don't always appreciate how much travelling takes it out of you. Also with the children having woken up at 4 a.m. none of us were in the mood for doing very much.

I actually like supermarkets in the UK but in another country I find them all the more alluring. Looking around the different products especially when they seem to stock everything you could possibly ever need, as well as a few things I can't imagine anyone one ever need. On the food side of things though I find it strange that there are so many products that are not international - and even the ones that are (e.g. Kelloggs) taste so different. Do the people in each country really have such different tastes? and how does these big companies cope with the different recipes and ingredients etc? Not something I've ever considered before - I think this shows I have too much time on my hands! So of course with my ultra-picky children I have been finding it very tricky to buy food that they like the taste of - how can white sliced bread not taste right?!

So, no plans for today really, I might see if the children will put some sun cream on and venture for a walk to the park. After the amazing ribs that we had last night (thank you Jamie) of which I ate double helpings I need some exercise! I had hoped to lose weight whilst on holiday, my thinking being that with the heat I wouldn't feel like eating.. but with the heat I have been eating just as much (if not more) but not actually moving at all!

The children and I had a lovely conversation with Daddy last night - the wonders of technology (after a few technical hitches were straightened out!) - skype is amazing, you can be thousands of miles from home and yet still chat with family as if they were in the next room - seeing them makes it all the better.
So, off to relax some more...

No comments:

Post a Comment