Friday 13 August 2010

Acclimatisation Complete

Woke up today (day 4) feeling so much better. I didn't write yesterday as I spent 24 hours sleeping!  When not actually asleep I spent my time trying to unlock a door from the outside - my children managed to lock an internal door and then close it so there was no way of getting into the room to unlock the door! I tried pins etc to unlock the door before it dawned on me that if I could push the latch then I might be able to get it open. So I found something thin enough to fit into the door frame and was able to push the catch enough for the door to open. I was so pleased - initially that none of the children had locked themselves in the room, and then because I managed to unlock the door. Hurray!

Had a great time at Jamie's dad's house last night where the children enjoyed playing pool (by knocking the balls into the pockets by hand! and running around the table to do it in the fastest time!) and we enjoyed good food (lettuce wraps and chocolate and strawberry pie) and company. I couldn't believe the noise when we left though - I've never heard anything like the tree frogs - absolutely mad.

Today we did some more shopping (daily supermarket trips are the norm!) and then went to the pool. What a fantastic way to be outside in the 102/39 degree heat. The children enjoyed the almost exclusive use of the swimming pool and then the splash area designed specifically for children was absolute bliss. Some of the sprinklers were like having a massage and the splashing and the water spray was just enough to keep cool in the sunshine. And my 6 year old even managed to swim without any floats and completed a length unaided - he was so pleased (when he's determined he can achieve anything!).

So, Hawaiian pool party tomorrow night...

No comments:

Post a Comment